This should be a great event!
Avalanche Awareness Night
Thursday, December 3rd
The Center Theater & Lobby – $5 entry fee to benefit Teton County Search and Rescue
- TASTY FOOD PROVIDED BY PINKY G’s!
- GEAR RAFFLE! Including avalanche transceivers, ski packs, awesome ski wear, ski poles, area ski passes and loads more!
- All proceeds support the Avalanche Hotline
INFORMATION TABLES AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM:
- American Avalanche Institute, Backcountry Access, Bridger-Teton National Forest, Avalanche Forecast Center, Teton County Search and Rescue, Ortovox, Dynafit, Exum Mountain Guides, J.H. Mountain Guides, Black Diamond Equipment, Grand Teton National Park, Friends of Pathways, J.H. Conservation Alliance, Winter Wildlands Alliance, Arc’teryx, Patagonia, Mammut, The Steve Romeo Memorial Fund, Snow King Mountain, Tom Turiano Books, JH Nordic Alliance
- Mark Moore “MYSTICISM, WEATHER, AVALANCHES & THE WINTER OF 2015-16”
- DON CARPENTER / THE AMERICAN AVALANCHE INSTITUTE “The Early Season Snowpack”
- JIM WOODMENCEY / MOUNTAINWEATHER.COM “Snowfall Forecasting in Jackson Hole”
- ADAM CARMAN AND ROD NEWCOMB “Avalanches on SnowKing—Really!”
- JAY PISTONO / TETON PASS AMBASSADOR “Teton Pass Update and Considerations”
- BOB COMEY / DIRECTOR, BRIDGER-TETON AVALANCHE FORECAST CENTER “Understanding the three most hazardous slab avalanches”
- STEPHANIE THOMAS / TETON COUNTY SEARCH AND RESCUE “An update on BackCountry Zero” Plus: “What’s in your pack this winter?”
- MARK MOORE ATTENDANCE UNDERWRITTEN BY: The Steve Romeo Memorial Fund